When I haven't blogged in a long while, I always return to a major mental block that stops all words from reaching my fingertips. Not really sure why - there's so much I could say and so much I want to share. Alas, the words are STUCK. There's cement in my noggin and it seems to be the uncrackable kind that won't even let the odd few letters slip out.
Let's just begin with what I know in this moment:
We've been saying goodbyes lately. I hate them. They never get easier and I dread every single one. Today was my toughest. It was sucky times ten. Or a hundred. I cried. Lots.
We're now at the Sheraton hotel until our flight tomorrow evening. I love the Sheraton. The sweet sleeper bed is nothing short of a dream and the staff are always a true delight.
Phil and Nory had a nice swim this afternoon and now Nory has gone to bed and Phillip is downstairs with our good pal Dain. I'm cozy in bed - watching E.T. (Entertainment Tonight, not that old movie) - and catching up on the interweb. I love the interweb. In fact, going back to Kuwait does have that silver lining of IN-HOUSE INTERWEB that I've missed so terribly this summer. Information on demand! It's a real treat.
Other things I'm looking forward to in Kuwait: seeing our Kuwait family, reuniting with Shani and Kumari, getting back into the classroom (this is no joke), the warmest hug you could possibly receive (given to me by the blasting heat that characterizes the entire country), and checking out the Tim Horton's that was expected to open this month (conveniently located at the Aves, just around the bend from Build-A-Bear). I'm eager to set up some playdates for Nory and I'm hoping to enroll her in the infant program at a nearby gym (as long as they switch the "Bugs" program to the weekend, we're set!). I also can't wait to see how people react to Nory! She's grown and changed so much since June!
That little Nory Darling. She has really stolen our hearts. At the start of the summer, I was secretly scared that we wouldn't survive without Kumari. Now I'm secretly scared that I won't be able to return to work. It's silly. Kumari is great. But Nory is different now and the two of them will have to figure out a new groove. Inshallah, the transition is smooth and the reunion is a happy, happy one.
Alright - I will end this post now. I suppose the cement has cracked a smidgen. Ha! I'll do my best to catch you up on summer stuff in the next couple of weeks! I've missed y'all!
Hoping your MONDAY was a FUNDAY.
XOXO
P.S. All tears aside, our Monday was okay. It's impossible NOT to appreciate three of Nory's firsts: first hotel, first real swimming pool, and first bikini!!!!

Let's just begin with what I know in this moment:
We've been saying goodbyes lately. I hate them. They never get easier and I dread every single one. Today was my toughest. It was sucky times ten. Or a hundred. I cried. Lots.
We're now at the Sheraton hotel until our flight tomorrow evening. I love the Sheraton. The sweet sleeper bed is nothing short of a dream and the staff are always a true delight.
| Polka dots are DEFINITELY my new favourite print. |
Other things I'm looking forward to in Kuwait: seeing our Kuwait family, reuniting with Shani and Kumari, getting back into the classroom (this is no joke), the warmest hug you could possibly receive (given to me by the blasting heat that characterizes the entire country), and checking out the Tim Horton's that was expected to open this month (conveniently located at the Aves, just around the bend from Build-A-Bear). I'm eager to set up some playdates for Nory and I'm hoping to enroll her in the infant program at a nearby gym (as long as they switch the "Bugs" program to the weekend, we're set!). I also can't wait to see how people react to Nory! She's grown and changed so much since June!
| Somebody else really enjoys the sweet sleeper bed.... |
Alright - I will end this post now. I suppose the cement has cracked a smidgen. Ha! I'll do my best to catch you up on summer stuff in the next couple of weeks! I've missed y'all!
Hoping your MONDAY was a FUNDAY.
XOXO
P.S. All tears aside, our Monday was okay. It's impossible NOT to appreciate three of Nory's firsts: first hotel, first real swimming pool, and first bikini!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment