Tuesday, August 27, 2013

IF YOU WERE HERE FOR TEA.

*  Nory is a jet-setting CHAMP.  She was an incredible flyer once again and she's done far better than I have in the jet lag department.  The first night she fell asleep at 2:30.  The second night she fell asleep at midnight.  The third night she was asleep by 9!  The fourth night she was asleep by....12 (okay, so we had a little bit of a hiccup).  But the last two nights she's been asleep by 7:30!  AMAZING!  Then there's me.....up until 3 a.m. last night......(yes, it HAS been SIX DAYS)...

*  How adorable is Baby North?  I really do think there is something special about the nickname "NORY" (this is the correct way of spelling it, btw).

*  The VMA incident.  Ewww.  Ewwwww.  Ewwwww.  Where did that sweet little "Hannah Montana" go?  The unfortunate thing is that she is someone's daughter.  And if OUR daughter did THAT.............AY AY AY!

*  Do you know the talk show called "THE TALK" (clever, right?).  Well, I LOVE IT.  Much better than The View if you ask me.  Anyways, this morning I found it on our tv here!!!  That, and I also noticed an advertisement for "Arabs Got Talent".  Our social schedule is about to take a real serious beating.  Ha!

*  Nory had a check-up with the pediatrician the other day.  She is ALMOST in the 50th percentile for weight (16.7 lbs) and height (66 cm), and 75th percentile for head circumference (44 cm).  He was once again impressed by her strength and was shocked when the nurses told him about how she was up on all fours in the waiting room.  The Proud P.E. Teacher Father was happy to hear how "advanced" she was. Girlie also went for vaccinations on Sunday.  The Infant Tylenol we imported from Canada was a real lifesaver. 

*  My top braces are on!  If you didn't think I looked 15 before, you will definitely think I look that way now.  Phil says he feels like he's dating a teenager.  Nory probably feels we are more like sisters ;)  Anyways, the teeth are sore and I might as well dine at the "Baby Bullet Cafe".

*  Shani came to clean the house on the weekend and she was here for SIX WHOLE HOURS.  You should have seen the dirt she scrubbed off the floors, windows, shelves, etc.  It was disgusting!  The thing that scares me is the "Nory licking the kitchen floor incident" that occurred the previous day.  I don't even want to think about what ended up in her mouth.  That being said, my hubby's new favourite motto is:  SHE HAS TO DEVELOP AN IMMUNE SYSTEM SOMEHOW!  I suppose he's right.  (p.s.  Shani is also here right now.  We're spoiled to the max.)

*  Nory tried zucchini this week and seemed to really like it!  I blended up some peas tonight, which she will try for the first time tomorrow!

*  Today was our first day back to school.  It was filled with meetings of all sorts, but tomorrow is a complete CLASSROOM day and I can't wait to set things up! 

*  Have you heard about THIS?! 

I think that's all for now.  Phil and I are ready for another episode of ANTM (Guys & Girls!) and I REALLY, REALLY should try to get to bed sometime.  Oh, jet lag.  Is there anyone who does it as terribly as I do?!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...